Do you know what kind of supplements your horse needs? With the variety of horse supplements and horse joint supplements available on the market, it can sometimes be confusing which ones you should use in certain situations. Here is some information to help you sort through all of your confusion.
What Supplements To Use
What do you do if your horse just doesn’t seem to have any energy? What if he is suffering from arthritis? Here are some tips to make deciding which horse supplements to use easier.
- Low Energy-Has your horse been acting tired and sluggish? If he needs a boost in energy, you may want to consider a supplement that contains Omega 3 fatty acids. This ingredient will not only help increase his energy throughout the day, but will also be beneficial to his overall health and well-being. Horse joint supplements, like cod liver oil, can also be used to increase energy, improve circulation in the respiratory system, and maintain healthy joints.
- High Energy-If your horse is a little high strung or just needs something to relax before a big event, you might need horse calmers. Try a calmer with the ingredient trytophan in it. With your horse calm, it will be easy for them to concentrate during dressage events or training and will not disturb their performance. You will also have an easier time loading and transporting your horse to and from events.
- Joint Pain- Horse joint supplements are a very important part of combating arthritis and joint pain. With ingredients like glucosamine, yucca, and MSM, you can combat inflammation and reduce the amount of pain your horse experiences with joint disease. These supplements can help you prevent lameness and permanent joint damage.
- Elderly Horses- Maintaining an elderly horse’s overall health is critical if you want your older horse to be happy and pain-free. Make sure your horse takes supplements to improve his health, well-being, and coat. Adding in horse joint supplements is also critical. Elderly horses are more prone to arthritis, joint disease, and joint deterioration. The right horse joint supplement can protect your horse from these common issues or, if your horse has already developed symptoms of joint disease, can help reduce the pain and swelling associated with them.
- Mares- When you need to supplement a mare’s diet, it may be hard to decide what to give her, especially if she is pregnant or about to become pregnant. Many horse supplements are harmful to an unborn foal and pregnant mother, so you must be careful. However, there are several products available that are made just for pregnant mares that will help with overall health, the health of the growing foal, fertility, and even reduce the amount of discomfort a mare has while carrying her baby.
There are many horse supplements and several different situations where they can be used. If your horse has too little or too much energy, is experiencing joint pain, is suffering from joint disease, or just needs extra nutrients, make sure you are using the right horse joint supplements and other kinds of supplements for your horses. This will improve the overall health and well-being of your beautiful equine friend.
Equiform Nutrition has been a leader in horse supplements and natural equine health for the past century. We offer a complete range of horse supplements, including vitamin and mineral supplements, anti-anxiety aids, horse joint supplements and other products especially created to support performance.
We create our supplements using the most rigid standards of production and the highest quality and purest ingredients. We never use banned substances, so you can use our supplements with the confidence of knowing you are within regulations with horses running under rule.