Have you vouched to get fit in 2014? The most common New Year’s Resolution is to eat healthy, lose weight and get fit. That’s certainly a reasonable goal, being healthy and fit is important. But what’s the best way to be get fit in 2014? How do you hold yourself accountable and stick with your fitness regimen?
The Booming Fitness Trend
Have you ever heard the term “Fitness Band”? I’m sure you know what a pedometer is, a device you clip on your clothes that tracks your daily steps. Fitness bands are much more advanced.They’re a motivational tool that can help you get fit in 2014!
How can a Fitness Band help me get fit in 2014?
If you’re wondering what exactly a Fitness band does and how it can help you get fit, I have the answers.
Below are some fitness band basics:
• Worn on the wrist, similar to a watch.
• Tracks things such as: steps taken, activity level, sleep patterns and calories burned.
• Some also track things such as: perspiration, heart rate and pulse.
• Each make/model is different.
The Fitbit Flex
I’ve been using a Fitbit Flex for a few weeks and love it. It motivates me to reach my goals and stay active. It syncs to my smart phone so I can check my progress and set silent alarms throughout the day. The app also allows me to track calories eaten/burned. It even tracks my sleep patterns. How cool is that?
How Does Fitbit Flex Work?
Fitbit Flex is made up of two parts, the flexible wrist band and the tracker.
• The Tracker: Fits into the flexible wristband and is the brains of the operation. It monitors your steps, sleep and more.
• The Flexible wrist band: Similar in size and feel to a wrist watch.
• The lights in the tracker allow you to communicate using different taps and light series.
• If you tap several times quickly on the Fitbit Flex it goes into sleep mode. Two lights flash and then slowly dim.
• Vibrates to congratulate you for meeting your goal
• Silent alarms (vibrations) can be set from your smart phone or computer. As a morning wake-up call or reminder throughout the day.
Be Motivated to get fit in 2014 with Fitbit Flex
Wearing the Fitbit Flex is a constant reminder: take my steps, meet my daily goal. When I meet my 10,000 step goal, the Flex gives me an encouraging vibration. It’s like an emotional victory dance! I have been more motivated to make it to the gym 3-4 times a week. I’m convinced this little device will help me get AND stay fit in 2014.
Meet Your Goal with Fitbit Flex
• Create a goal using the Fitbit App.
• Enter and track your food (calorie) and water intake.
• Automatically tracks your steps and active minutes.
• Be sure to add “other active minutes” (such as weight lifting) manually to get an accurate calorie count.
Get Enough Sleep with Fitbit Flex
• Track your sleep patterns.
• Fitbit tracks the number of times you’re restless and awake during the night.
• It keeps a log of how many hours you sleep and sends you a weekly report.
If you’ve made a resolution to get fit in 2014, the Fitbit Flex may be the perfect motivational tool. This intelligent device is designed to motivate and encourage you. It congratulates you with happy vibrations when you meet your goal. It also lets you know when you aren’t getting enough sleep. I love my Fitbit Flex and hopefully I gave you some great information to help you decide if it’s right for you.